Tuesday, July 10, 2007

OH SNAP....

....ONE WEEK! Besides a few mini panic attacks, I’m doing quite well. I think I just get a little stressed out when I look at the pile of crap in the corner of my room. I’ve attempted to pack most of it into a hardcore army backpack my dad got me (thanks Pop!), but I really feel like I’m going to fall backwards when I put it on. Oh well, I’ll figure it out. If not, then I’ll end up like a cockroach that has landed on its back, flailing limbs and all.

I’m not really sure what I’m going to do with my last week at home. My sister, Alisa, is home for the week, and I guess I’ll hang out with her. She hugs me a lot, and it kind of weirds me out. She may have hugged me on 5 different occasions today. I also gave her all of my clothes/shoes/jewelry that won’t be practical/appropriate in Benin. Apparently, the clothing I’ve accumulated in NY over the past few years isn’t really suitable for bush living.

As well as lots of hugging, there will probably be lots of crying as I say goodbye to the few friends that are actually left in Indy. For those that are not here, expect a goodbye phone call soon. Finally, during my last week I’m going to enjoy Momma Levoit’s home cooking, water pressure in the shower, air conditioning, the Food Network, big pillows, and drinking water from the tap because I’m fairly certain, actually 100% certain, that I ain’t getting none of this in Benin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Trust me, You'll find yourself missing my hugs in due time.